Updated for 2019! Veterans Day is Monday, Nov. 11, 2019.
This year, hundreds of restaurants and companies are offering military members and veterans a free meal or another discount as a sign of appreciation for their service to our country. This guide will show you which restaurants are offering discounts, and how you can participate.
To those companies offering veterans a free meal or discount, the military community gives a collective thanks!
What You Need to Know About Veterans Day Discounts:
Military discounts are awesome. But they should be received in the spirit in which they are given. Please read these tips to make sure your event is as special as it is intended to be:
Proof of Military Service is Usually Required. Most companies require proof of military service or a military ID card. These may include:
- Military ID Card (active/reserve/retired)
- Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
- VA ID Card
- Drivers License with Veterans Designation,
- Veterans Organization Card (e.g., DAV, AMVETS, VFW)
- DD214, discharge paperwork, or another form of identification.
- Photograph in uniform, or be wearing your uniform (if your service permits)
- Other restaurants and companies may go by the honor system.
Participation. The fine print often states, “At Participating Locations Only.”
- Please call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation. Many offers may be available before, on, or after Veterans Day. We do our best to label days and times.
- Additionally, many locations are franchises. Participation may vary.
Additional Fine Print:
- Most offers are for dine-in only.
- Beverages and alcohol are usually not included.
2019 Free Veterans Day Meals
Many restaurants offer free meals in the days leading up to Veterans Day, on Veterans Day, and sometimes even after Veterans Day. We have these arranged by date to help you better plan your weekend!
Remember, most locations require military ID or proof of service.
All Offers on Monday, Nov. 11, 2019 (Unless Noted Otherwise)
- Free meal for current and former military members. Choose a meal from a special Veterans Day menu.
- Free entree, up to $12.95 value, plus a free Dr. Pepper beverage.
- Free meal from select Veterans Day menu. Available for current and former U.S. military with proof of military service.
- Choose a pizza, full-size salad, or pasta from the special Veterans Day Menu. Dine-in only.
- Free meal for veterans at New York Prime, California Dreaming, The Tavern at Phipps, Chophouse New Orleans, Carolina Roadhouse, Joey D’s Oak Room, Chophouse ’47 or Gulfstream Café.
- Free meal from a select menu. Dine-in only.
- Complimentary slice of Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola® Cake for dessert or a Crafted Coffee.
- Free Build Your Own Grand Slam® on Nov. 12, from 5 a.m. to noon, at participating locations only.
- Free 2 Meat Combo and side at participating locations only.
- Free breakfast, lunch, or dinner from select menu for guests with a valid military ID or honorable discharge card; at participating locations only.
Golden Corral (5pm – 9pm).
- Golden Corral Military Appreciation dinner is available to any person who has ever served in the United States Military.
- Free meal for current and former military, at participating locations only.
- Free Veterans Day breakfast from 7 am – 11 am at all participating Hy-Vee supermarkets with in-store dining.
- Free pizza or $5 HOT-N-READY Lunch Combo between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm, at participating stores nationwide.
McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants (Sunday, Nov. 10, 2019)
- Free lunch or dinner from a special menu. Available for current and former military and Gold Star Family members (parents or spouse). No ID needed for Gold Star Family members. Reservations are highly recommended.
- Free $9.99er at participating locations only.
- Free Choose-2 Combo Meal with sides of Mexican rice and refried beans (black beans upon request), plus endless complimentary tortilla chips and housemade salsa. Dine-in only, proof of service required.
Red Lobster, Nov. 11 – Nov. 12, 2018.
- Free Appetizer or Dessert from special Veterans Day list.
- Free Red’s Tavern Double and Bottomless Steak Fries for all Red Robin guests with a military ID or proof of service.
- Free All You Care To Eat Breakfast Bar from 6:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Proof of Service required.
Spaghetti Warehouse (Nov 9 – 11)
- Buy one get one free from select menu. Coupon required.
- Free Lunch from special menu. Includes sides and a soft drink, coffee, or tea.
- Military Monday Celebration – Free menu item from a select menu at participating locations.
- Complimentary Chili Dog, small fries and 20 oz. drink at participating Wienerschnitzel locations.
2019 Veterans Day Discounts
Many other stores and services offer discounts on Veterans Day. These often include retail discounts, free haircuts, free car washes, and similar discounts. Here is a list to get you started:
Free Car Wash:
- Grace for Vets – Thousands of car washes across the nation. Find one near you.
Retail Discounts (Nov. 11, unless otherwise noted):
- Home Depot – 10% Off (some exclusions may apply)
- Lowe’s – 10% Off (some exclusions may apply)
- Target – 10% Discount, Available in-store or online. Register here. Offer good from Nov. 3-11, 2019.
- Tractor Supply Company – 15% Discount
Last Years Offers (Awaiting Updates!)
Bar Louie (2018 – awaiting update!)
- Free Flatbread or Burger (up to $15). ID required.
Buffalo Wild Wings (2018 – awaiting update!)
- Free order of traditional or boneless wings and a side of fries. Dine-in only.
Chipotle (2018 – awaiting update!)
- Buy-one/get-one free burrito, bowl, salad or order of tacos. Offer available for current and former military, and military spouses, with ID.
Dunkin’ Donuts (2018 – awaiting update!)
- Free donut to Veterans and active duty military at participating restaurants nationwide.
Hooters (2018 – awaiting update!)
- Hooters invites all veterans and current servicemen and women to enjoy a free meal from a select menu. Requires drink purchase. Only valid at participating locations.
Hoss’s Family Steak & Sea House (2018 – awaiting update!)
- Free soup, salad, and dessert bar with a beverage. Dine-in only, at participating restaurants. 11am – 9pm.
Olive Garden (2018 – awaiting update!)
- Free entrée from a special Veterans Day menu. Meals include unlimited soup or house salad and garlic breadsticks.
Romano’s Macaroni Grill (2018 – awaiting update!)
- Free Mom’s Ricotta Meatballs & Spaghetti entrée.
Ruby Tuesday’s (2018 – awaiting update!)
- Free appetizer (up to $10) at participating locations.
T.G.I. Friday’s (2018 – awaiting update!)
- Free menu item up to $12 at participating locations.