Everything You Need To Know For The FY 2016 MAVNI Language Program

Since the Revolutionary War, immigrants and foreign nationals have served within the ranks of the United States Military. In the past, immigrants required a green card (lawful permanent resident status), today qualified applicants are being granted an exception to the rule…

The MAVNI Program

The Military Accesions Vital to the National Interest (MAVNI) program authorizes each branch of the Military, to recruit certain legal aliens, whose skills are considered to be VITAL to national interest.

Those holding critical skills – linguistics, physicians, and nurses, who are in the U.S. on a temporary visa, are allowed to enlist or commission into the Military Service of their choice. For FY 2016, the program is open to all Recruiting Centers and there will be an unlimited amount of vacancies.

The rumor mill tells me that the program will be remain uncapped for the entire FY.

TMG Continue Reading Button

1. […] During the interview be open an honest with the Recruiter. He/She will conduct a standard interview to determine your eligibility. Remember, the Recruiter is clueless, as this is still a new program. If your looking for  a smoother process consider looking into the MAVNI Program for the Army. […]

2. Reply Navy MAVNI September 25, 2015 at 11:04 AM

The Navy has begun recruiting for the MAVNI program. While working to gain your citizenship the Navy will offer extra pay and incentives such as executive education opportunities from Ivy league schools, travel opportunities and most importantly job satisfaction. If you are interested send an email to ceu@navsoc.socom.mil and we can start you on the path to citizenship.

3. Reply Lesiga eleanor August 19, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Hello I’m a student and I’m trying to apply for the man I program but I’m Cameroon which have both English and French and I’m from the English part but I can speak a little bit of french.my questions is should I go ahead and apply or not because I have an opi test in french which might make me to fail

4. Reply Jesth July 23, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Hi sir
    I am TPS holder can j join MAVNI program? And I have foreign 12 pass certificate. I haven’t join any colleges in this country since I came. Can I still join MAVNI program ?

5. Reply abba May 30, 2015 at 5:54 AM

hi, i am an international student with an F1 valid visa, i applied for asylum in the year 2014 and i was denied due to some evidence to support my statement that i didn’t provide, i am fluent in (English, Arabic and Hausa) am i still eligible to join Mavni program? and is Mavni program still available?.
    thank you for your understanding.
    i’m eager to hear from you shortly.
    my email: walyakub101@yahoo.com

• Reply tusky June 7, 2015 at 3:27 PM

lol hausa yu nigerian

6. Reply Jet May 28, 2015 at 11:40 AM

Hello Sergeant,
    I came to U.S on a student visa several years ago . Then I applied for asylum in 2012, got the fingerprint Notification and work authorization card the same year. However, They haven’t inform me to the interview , and send me a fingerprint Notification again in 2014. I stopped going to school after I applied asylum.
    Do I meet the requirements to join MAVNI program as Asylee ? Or as visa holder?
    I already met a recruiter and he helped me applied.
    Please reply me back ,

7. Reply Alex May 2, 2015 at 11:29 AM

Hello I hold student visa and fluent in following languages(English, Ukrainian, Russian and German) also I study military translation(English-Russian-English).I want to join US Armored Forces to be a critical language linguist!
    And i need information about the difference of joing MAVNI program having language and cultural skills and joing US Armored Forces already with greencard to be linguist?What would be better to join MAVNI or to wait and get greencard, then go to army?
    My email is gunigham@mail.ru

8. Reply Manjinder April 28, 2015 at 1:25 PM

Anyone knows if MAVNI(Active or Reserve) is currently opened for IT professionals?

9. Reply GT April 22, 2015 at 6:53 AM

Hi Sergeant Payne. I looked your video and it was pretty informative. I am a MAVNI applicant and I have already completed my ASVAB and PT. I passed, and now I am waiting for my OPI(Oral Proficiency test). I was wondering should I prepare with certain language materials, when I am actually going to give that exam in my native language? I have 2 weeks to go for it. after that, there will be a six months background check before, I actually get to the Basic training camp.One more important question, I am an IT worker, and my recruiter asked me to- “at least show up once a week to the closest army station, to your workplace and than report to your recruiting station, during weekdays.” Now, my question is can I ask for a leave for one day on any weekday from my company, showing the army enlistment reasons. Will they be obligated to approve my leave one day every weekdays? waiting for your prompt response.

10. Reply kapil April 15, 2015 at 9:50 AM

I have medical condition With acute hepatitis b . My doctor didn’t even gave me anything he said its fine. Will Go by its own.My recruiter is not sure if i am eligible or not . What should i do now. Where to look or whom to ask about this.???

11. Reply johnmesina April 13, 2015 at 9:16 PM

Hi can I join the army national guard through MAVNI program? Is Tagalog still open?

12. Reply Jay April 12, 2015 at 3:54 PM

I am 38 years old and would like to join US army through MAVNI program. What is the maximum age limit for MAVNI reserve? Thanks,

• Reply Marlon April 12, 2015 at 5:13 PM

Maximum age limit for the MAVNI program is 35. But I recommend you to contact a recruiter to see if they can give you a over ride. Good Luck. :)

13. Reply Hasib Amani April 7, 2015 at 1:21 PM

What is the minimum time that i have to serve if i join the army through MAVNI

• Reply Marlon April 12, 2015 at 5:17 PM

For both active and reserve duty you have to sign a contract with the US military for 8 years. For active duty applicants, you serve for the military for 3 years of active duty (Full time) and 5 years of inactive duty. For the reserve duty applicants, you serve 6 years of active duty (one weekend per month) and 2 years of inactive duty.

14. Reply Oleg April 4, 2015 at 6:59 PM

Hi there. Is it possible to apply for MAVNI from Ukraine ?
    please send me more information : exswat@gmail.com
    Thank you !

• Reply Marlon April 12, 2015 at 5:20 PM

No sir. To be eligible for the MAVNI program, you have to be in the United States at least for 2 years with no more than 90 days of an absence. Which means you can’t spend more than 90 days out side of the United States. Also you must hold a valid US visa.

15. Reply Naresh Reddy April 4, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Hi I’m staying in USA from last 5years and I want to join in this programme…. I’m a student and my visa is F1…. my email Id knari007@gmail.com

16. Reply Charlie March 28, 2015 at 2:10 PM

i would love to fight for Uncle Sams Army since you are the most resourceful and powerful in the world…i am a Fiji citizen and a bid fan of the US Military in general and think US military life is so cool.

17. Reply Shuang Zhang March 9, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Hi I’m an international student here in the US. I’m from China and speak Chinese fluently. How can I apply it, please? When is it open to applications?

18. Reply Artem February 26, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Is someone could tell me how to apply?

19. Reply Yuriy February 25, 2015 at 2:43 PM

I want to work in MAVNI! I’m from Ukraine.Speak Ukrainian, russian, english,Italian language. E-mail: pravitell2009@mail.ru

20. Reply Natalya Kotova February 25, 2015 at 1:00 PM

I’d like to join the program. I am Ukrainian, I have great written skills and speak Ukrainian fluently. I am also fluent in Russian (written and spoken language). I have a green card.
    I am 26 and I currently live in the USA. please contact me at my e-mail nkotova0306@yahoo.com

21. Reply Uliana Karpeniuk February 25, 2015 at 9:03 AM

Hi, I’d like to join this programme. I’m fluent in English, Ukrainian. I live in Ukraine, and have American visa. I have a pedagogical education.

22. Reply Alexander February 24, 2015 at 8:28 PM

Hello! I would like to apply for this program. I’m USA Citizen and is fluent in English, Ukrainian and Russian.

• Reply Marlon April 9, 2015 at 10:14 AM

You’re are not eligible for the program since you’re a US citizen. This program is only for non-citizen aliens.

23. Reply Andrii February 24, 2015 at 3:14 PM

Andrii. From ukraine with green card. Living in USa.
    28 years old.
    Want to join to this program.
    My email : jrvigurik@gmail.com

24. Reply Yurii February 24, 2015 at 8:13 AM

My name is George, I live in Ukraine. I speak Ukrainian, Russian and English. I have a dream to become a soldier, to protect our country, this is not an easy time of war against Russia. I would like to know the next time you open the program, please.
    contact me at this email if you want to know more about me: y.andruck@gmail.com thanks

• Reply Sasha February 24, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Hello! I live in United states for 4 years. I’m from Ukraine and speak ukrainian,russian and English. Know Ukrainian culture . My email is kw0989@yahoo.com

25. Reply Regina February 23, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Am I eligible to join the army with a workers visa. I’ve been in the United states for about 13 years and as a child it has been my dream to join. Please contact me and let me know.
    Email- reginawoo97@live.com
    Phone – 727-520-4305

• Reply Marlon April 9, 2015 at 10:16 AM

If you’re a non-US citizen who holds a temporary working/student visa then you are eligible for the MAVNI program. If you’re a US citizen or holds a green card, you’re not qualify for the program. Good Luck. :)

26. Reply maryam lawal December 16, 2014 at 5:32 PM

My name is maryam.Please when will the mavni program reopen for 2015 and is there a waiting period. I’m a student with a f1 visa. I’m hoping I can join this program for January 2015. Thanks

27. Reply rajay December 13, 2014 at 3:53 PM

when this program opened

28. Reply fabrice gedeon njanjo falafala December 7, 2014 at 6:36 PM

my name is fabrice and also from cameroon . I am in USA for two years . I am anot a asily and also speak french and english. I have a dream is to become a soldier to defend this country even if i need to died. I would like to know the next opening of this program please .
    contact me in this email if you want to know more about me : sergeprincenana@yahoo.com my phone number is 240 432 1438 thank you

29. Reply Jerryson O. Mani November 22, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Hi sir I got U visa and aim currently working as a lifeguard For four years and been staying here in u.s for almost 5 years..i can speak well in english and tagalog…is there any possibility that I can join in mavni program…pls inform me..this is my email: jerryson_ mani@yahoo.com… Thank you so much…

30. Reply AP October 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM

I applied for the MAVNI program in the last round and my recruiter told me it opened again in October and sent me to another recruiting center to apply, but the new place is telling me they don’t have the orders to start accepting applications again. When will the MAVNI program start applications again for the cycle that is to last till May 2015. Since I applied already, do I have to start over? I was waiting for my G845 in the last cycle.

31. Reply Tade October 28, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Hello Aderonke, yes you can still join. Most important thing is if you are still in status. But whatever the case do not be afraid to approach any recruiter, they will be able and glad to tell you your eligibility. Good luck

32. Reply Ade October 27, 2014 at 12:50 PM

@Aderonke. If you have been out of student status, you may not be allowed to enlist. However if you obtain other valid status (i.e work permit EAD card or H1B) this can allow you to then enlist through the mavni program.

33. Reply pablicio October 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM

hey sir I really like this program “mavni” could u please contact me at pablicio1@live.com

34. Reply aderonke September 27, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I came in on F1 visa. I was in school for two years before I left school because of financial reasons. I speak one of the languages listed above. Can I still be eligible to enter the MAVNI program?

35. Reply jeffson September 25, 2014 at 2:59 PM

when does the mavni program re opens because its closed for the year as of September 30th

36. Reply glenn igloria September 23, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I’m 39 y. o. where can I get an age waiver, I’m so much interested in serving this country.

37. Reply Benson September 10, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Is there any available slot for tagalog language or cebuano?

38. Reply Nina September 7, 2014 at 6:50 AM

Can i apply for the MAVNI program? I am a registered nurse here in the Philippines and have 4 years experience in a tertiary hospital. I passed the NCLEX Examination and currently holding my visa screen. I have a B1/B2 visa. thank you very much and hope to hear from anyone that might help my application.

39. Reply Nina September 7, 2014 at 6:46 AM

I just want to know if I can apply for the

40. Reply Nina September 7, 2014 at 6:30 AM

41. Reply enrique September 3, 2014 at 4:42 AM

I liked to joined the mavni military. I am from the Philippines work here in US as a caregiver for almost 6 years.
    I have ssn and unconditional green card residents.
    let me know please if I am capable to joined. thank you..

42. Reply JAMESPAUL B.ADAME September 3, 2014 at 2:46 AM

• Reply alvarito January 30, 2015 at 7:08 AM

alvarito que sabes sobre este programa MVNI hay oportunidad en el 2015

43. Reply Yakup September 1, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Hi my name is Yakup and I will love to join mavni program..I speak Kurdish,Turkish fluently what do I have to do? Please email me back hopesalesg@gmail.com

44. Reply AP August 26, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I submitted my paper work to get my G845 (i think that was the name for the immigration document) in late May, and I have been calling the recruiting officer every week since but there is no update on my G845, is this usual? And will the program close this october? If it does, and I do not hear back from USCIS, does that mean I would not be able to join? Please email me back @ appsatl2014@gmail.com

45. Reply lee August 19, 2014 at 10:10 PM

I submit some paperworks and documents to my recruiter on june and currently still waiting for him to ring me up to take the asvab. However, its been a while since june, I haven’t hear from him. So I’m wondering does the mavni program closed already or does it in process to reopen again, does any one knows?? Please contact me: cerritosclasses@hotmail.com
    Thank you!!

46. Reply Curtez August 15, 2014 at 6:35 AM

email sent.

47. Reply Sergeant Grewal August 14, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Please contact me @ gurmeet.s.grewal.mil@mail.mil

48. Reply DK August 7, 2014 at 4:10 AM

Hello I am new for Mavni Program,
    I would like to know that how’s active duty and army reserve seat work for Mavni Hindi language?
    It’s up to Candidate for select Active duty or Army Reserve? or Candidate doesn’t have selection what opening canditate have to take it?

49. Reply Nora July 10, 2014 at 3:44 AM

Have been in the us for 7 months now and I want to join the Mavni is it possible for been in us for 2years be wave

50. Reply bahoi July 7, 2014 at 7:44 PM

My friend who is in Army through MAVNI told me that MAVNI is open again? for Korean language? is it true? anyone knows?

Thanks a lot

51. Reply Anonymous July 7, 2014 at 2:29 AM

Will the closed languages re-open ?

52. Reply Plum June 26, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Every body has received their security clearance but me. How long will it take to receive it?

53. Reply Moses June 19, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Tomir I just came back from the recruiter. I also speak 3 languages and I am also on F-1 visa. No waivers for 2 yrs. I’m on my 1 yr and 9 months and they told me to come back once I filled the 2 yrs. Also they need your legal stay to be available for 6 months more from your 2 yr requirement because it takes 180 days from your enlistment to shipping date. This is to leave space for background checks and stuff.

54. Reply Tomir June 17, 2014 at 6:03 AM

i have F1 visa and I speak 3 mavni languages.. problem is Im not in usa for 2 years..is there any waivers for that?

55. Reply Rob (Nick name) May 8, 2014 at 5:08 PM

“Nepalese” language is listed as closed as of second February. Does that mean, I am no more allowed to enroll in Mavni taking Nepalese language test ?

• Reply rubi May 28, 2014 at 11:37 AM

i’m curious about the same thing. if you’ll get the answer, let me know :)

56. Reply Fortune April 27, 2014 at 5:27 AM

Is there a Mavni reserve ?

57. Reply John April 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Once you start an application for MAVNI program, how long is the application valid till?

58. Reply Abdul April 21, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I applied for my social security card through MAVNI , Now its being over a month but I still haven’t received my number yet!!! I called the social security office and they said It takes awhile because they have to contact home land security first before they issue a card.

59. Reply BEDU April 8, 2014 at 5:21 AM

How long it takes to receive SSN after applying through MAVNI?

60. Reply derick April 3, 2014 at 11:45 AM

When will MAVNI end? I have conflicting information, May 2014, September 2014, end of 2014. I need an answer to this please.

61. Reply Jason March 31, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I’m preparing my application for MAVNI (language expert) and I still worried about my vision. My left eye works perfect with glasses, but my right eye is extremely blurry (I believed they called it amblyopia, which mean my brain focus only one eye and just ignore the other eye since born). Do you think this will be a problem? Is there a high chance to waive this problem? My vision is just like everyone’s vision, and I can shoot a gun too (might be better than the 20/20 people. jk). Please let me know what you guys know about this.

62. Reply Ran Gao March 31, 2014 at 3:05 PM

I am a F-1 student, and I’ve been here over 2 years. My native language is Chinese. I want to know which OPT test I need to take in this case? Chinese or English? In addition, how can I contact you guys to submit my application?

63. Reply Catherine March 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Is there MAVNI program opportunity in the Air Force?
    When will the MAVNI program reopen in 2015 – 2016?

64. Reply Arjun Sarof March 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I would like to know more about the OPI, I am fluent in conversing Tamil but can not read or write – would that matter? Is the language Hindi filled up already?

65. Reply Kris March 21, 2014 at 3:26 AM

One of my friend is working as physiotherapy doctor in uSa and he have H1 B Visa. Could you please let he is eligible as any health professional.

66. Reply choi March 19, 2014 at 8:26 PM

I heard that MAVNI is closed in september. is that true??
    and If that’s true never open again??

67. Reply Sara March 17, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I’ll be 18 in few weeks, and I live in USA with F-2 visa. I can speak Korean fluently and thought about enlisting in the military. However, I don’t think I qualify since my ankles are weak, but if I become a certified nurse, will I be eligible?

• Reply choi March 19, 2014 at 8:27 PM

죄송한데 저도 한국인인데 MAVNI에 대해서 궁금한 것도 있고 현지 상황도 좀 알고 싶은데 연락 좀 주실 수 있으신가요.. 제 이메일로 답장 부탁드립니다…

68. Reply Jackie March 16, 2014 at 5:50 PM

I would like to joining US army. I am fluent Russian, Mongolian and Albanian. How can I get OPI ?

• Reply helpyou March 17, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Go to see a recruiter, he/she will scheduler the test for you.

69. Reply narenn March 13, 2014 at 5:51 PM

hello, I am a medical technologist, been here on the united states for 2 years on a student visa, and speaks only filipino. Can a medical technologist like me join MAVNI??

And if medical technologist are not accepted, can i still join the MAVNI program?

70. Reply Victor March 9, 2014 at 5:27 PM

I received a letter to attend the Army in October 2013, I came to the USA in July 2013, I looked for a recruiter office and showed me the MAVNI project, I auditioned and hit 95% of the responses.
    Office sent the form G845, and yet I had no response, sergeant searched and had even said he did not answer, what should I do because I signed a pre contract with the Army

• Reply Sidi Mohamed Ouedraogo March 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

I just signed my contract to join the army and i am an F1 student. I received a paper mentioning certification and acceptance . Is that my contract paper or something else?

71. Reply akash March 6, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Will MAVNI program be available in 2015 also ? Please answer

72. Reply Lena March 5, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Hi! Can someone please help answer a few questions. I am a US citizen. I have a brother in Ukraine, 24 years old, speaks Russian and Ukrainian, who wants to join US military. What is the best way to go? Is Russian already closed? It is very difficult to recieve even a travel visa from Ukraine to USA. Does he absolutly need to already be in US on a visa status or are there any other ways? Please help

• Reply helpyou March 5, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Legal Status: Must have had legal status for at least the last 2 years with no single absence of more than 90 days from U.S. during the two-year period immediately preceding the date of enlistment.

He need come to US first and keep 2 years legal status, then he is qualified.

Read before you ask, it so simple to understand the policy.

73. Reply jaydeep March 4, 2014 at 11:08 PM

What qualification do you need to have to be eligible for Language Program???

• Reply helpyou March 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM

The answer are all in the context, read it, it detail enough

74. Reply Fayery March 4, 2014 at 5:23 PM

I’m changing my status from an H4 to F1 this coming May. Am I still applicable in the MAVNI, regardless of my change of status? And what if I got accepted , wouldn’t my F1 status be unvalid because I would drop my classes?.(In order for a valid F1 status, I need to take classes)

• Reply helpyou March 5, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Yes, you are still valid if you have legal status in US without any illegal gap time. but you have to keep your legal status before ship-out date. F1 VISA allow you have 60 grace days which means you can notify your school you don’t want take class any more in 60 days before your ship-out-date. I am not lawyer, I just give you my knowledge, so ask your recuiter or immigration lawyer before you drop class. the safe way is keep your F1 status until ship out.

• Reply Fayery March 5, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Okay that makes so much sense, Thank You! Lets say my F1 starts this May, in order to maintain my legal F1 status, I should still take classes during the summer or fall while waiting for my admittance to MAVNI?? (because I heard it takes about 3-4 months of processing papers and “pre-training” before you go to the actual 2 month BCT). Am I right?

75. Reply julien March 4, 2014 at 9:21 AM

If I became legal alien on Dec 2012 and haven’t gone out of the state , would I qualify before the deadline?

• Reply helpyou March 5, 2014 at 10:42 AM

No, you are not, you have to be here at least 2 years, which means you will be qualified after DEC 2014.

76. Reply Laram March 1, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Hello. I am an F1 student from Turkmenistan.I don’t have a green card. Am I eligible to join the military ? Thanks in advance.

• Reply helpyou March 5, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Read the article, it already states: Must have had legal status for at least the last 2 years with no single absence of more than 90 days from U.S. during the two-year period immediately preceding the date of enlistment.

77. Reply Nazir Rasolee February 28, 2014 at 8:35 PM

is 09l program for farsi pashto is open for 2014 any idea plz?

78. Reply just for help February 27, 2014 at 10:29 PM

I got call from my recuiter and be told there 20 slots for army reserve, it will gone fast at next morning. If you had your physical asvab opi done right now. You have to contact your recruiter to reserve one for you, probably they are gone on next Monday. I rejected the offer choose to stay in civilian since i feel i have obligation to my family, i don’t want put my family on risk, they are counting on me. So you guys take a good considereation before going. Army reserve for 6 years means100% be called up active duty. Recruiter lies, they never tell you truth, do research by yourself.

• Reply moon March 3, 2014 at 4:51 PM

I don’t understand what you are trying to suggest. Are you saying NOT to join the army reserve? what did you reject?

• Reply just for help March 3, 2014 at 6:51 PM

After deep consideration, i think join army for a citizen is not good idea. There are lots of way to stay us, 4 years active or 6 year reserve sounds crazy to me. Military is not joke. Please have consideration before sign the contract. If you fully prepared, then go for it

79. Reply BIKO February 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Will the MAVNI programme be available in 2015-2016?

80. Reply Moon February 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Quick question. How to quotas fill? Are certain states given more preference than other states? I heard the MAVNI was opened and got an alert from a personal recruiter too. The next day when I went to the office, they told me that the slots were filled. What should I have done get a seat or quota? Is it my responsibility or is it the recruiters’? Just a random question! Feel free to share your opinions. Thank you

81. Reply tiger February 22, 2014 at 5:44 PM

I am a Chinese lived in US since 2004. I got my master degree in China. I want to join the MAVNI in Chinese language program. My concern is that I am 39 years old now. Is it possible you give me an opportunity although your standard requirements on age is below 35. I do believe i will be very helpful for US Army’s interest as long as i am able to join the program. Thanks!

• Reply just for help February 27, 2014 at 10:17 PM

You can get an age waiver, but chance is small. 39, please really think about is a citizen worth you to do so? Military life is totally different from civilian world. I am qualified and get a seat but i give it up, totally not worth. Take responsibility to your family is as hard as to join army.

82. Reply Shakta February 20, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Hello I went to recruiter and had a practice test and the recruiter gave me application form. I entered US (F1 Visa) during August, 2012. Its not 2 year for me in US but the recruiter told me that it takes up to several months to do all formalities. If so it would be two years by then for me. Can I submit the application form now or I have to wait till August, 2014.

• Reply just for help February 27, 2014 at 10:20 PM

You can do pre processing if recruiter allows. When seat open, you can get immediately

83. Reply Danny February 18, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Are Hindi Slot are totally Closed or there are any chances to get more Hindi Slots?

84. Reply Danny February 18, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Can a Nepali take OPI in Urdu language?

85. Reply AC February 17, 2014 at 12:57 PM

when is the MAVNI program recruiting next for the Navy?

86. Reply Sam February 13, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Any possibilities of the slot for Hindi opening up this year?

87. Reply matt February 12, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Korean language has been closed for 2014? If it is closed, is there any change i can apply korean language program?

88. Reply Ade February 11, 2014 at 6:33 AM

I really need help here. Is Yoruba language part of the languages closed as at February 2nd? I see 14 in front of the language; does that mean there are still 14openings?

89. Reply Arju Rana February 6, 2014 at 7:19 AM

I was going to apply for this MAVNI program but the program was closed on Feb 2. So, i would like to know, when will this program re-opens so that i can apply for the MAVNI program. And also what is the best time to apply for this program.

• Reply Curtez February 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Arju, the program is not closed, some languages have been capped. Meaning that they have filled their available quote for the year.

• Reply Arju Rana February 6, 2014 at 1:11 PM

So does that mean i cannot apply for hindi, nepal, panjabi languages this time anymore or i can still apply for the program and the day it will re-open i can be the apart of one depends upon my test score.

90. Reply odai alnawafleh February 5, 2014 at 3:50 AM

does it have to be 2 years of presenting in the us ?? 1 won’t work ?

91. Reply Matt February 4, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Good evening,

My name is Matt, I am an ESL/International Student From Poland.
    Currently I am studying at Camden County College, NJ.
    I am holding valid F-1 visa status. I am here in the US 3 years and 2 months. I am 23 y.o. I speak fluent Polish, English (intermediate lvl) and Spanish (Elementary)
    Can I join US Army under MAVNI Program?

92. Reply Orange February 1, 2014 at 5:26 PM

i am on the waiting list now. i wanna know when this program will re-open in year 2014?

• Reply Curtez February 4, 2014 at 9:55 AM

The program is still open, except for a couple of the languages.

• Reply Orange February 4, 2014 at 5:05 PM

thx. my language is filled last year, and i am on the waiting list. so if the language quota is full, what is the next opening?

93. Reply Luke January 26, 2014 at 7:46 PM

I speak portuguese and i was in the Brazilian Air Force for 6 years. I would like to know if i qualify?

• Reply Curtez February 4, 2014 at 10:11 AM

So long as you meet all of the other qualifications, I believe that you’ll be good to go. Please pay particular attention to affiliation:
      Applicants cannot have a current or remaining affiliation with another country’s Armed Forces which includes Reserve or Guard commitments.

94. Reply Alexandra January 17, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Hello, I have a question. How long it takes for F1 visa student to get a social security number through MAVNI program? My recruiter sent some letter to supervisor for approval. The supervisor still did not sign the letter, it is already one month. So I am wondering how long this process will take and if I will have still time to join the MAVNI before it will be closed. Thank you very much for your answer.

95. Reply jesus January 13, 2014 at 6:25 AM

I finish my master degree and only speak English and Spanish. Do I qualify? I HAVE BEEN IN US SINCE 2005

• Reply Curtez February 4, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Jesus, unfortunately Spanish is not one of the languages.

96. Reply Chan January 12, 2014 at 10:17 PM

I applied for mavni in october of 2013, and my recruiter has been telling me that the program has been paused temporarily due to government closing down, and I see people applying for mavni everywhere. So i am here wondering if what my recruiter told me true???? anyone with any clue??

• Reply guest January 23, 2014 at 1:19 AM

I strongly suggest you go to another recruiter in another location, most cities have more than one recruiting office. the givernment shut down has ended, so that excuse does not count anymore. A lot of recruiters are not sure of information so they tell you whatever in order for you to get off their backs. I know this bcos I experienced it first-hand, many of them are very clueless, they dont spend time updating themselves with current infor.

97. Reply Sid January 12, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Is the program applies only to health care practitioner? How about other skills? I am a mechanic and wanted to join.

• Reply Sid January 12, 2014 at 8:24 PM

yes, I speak tagalog.

98. Reply pinayrn January 11, 2014 at 9:03 PM

I just passed NCLEX (licensure exam for nurses) and I am now a registered Illinois RN. I am holding m1 visa for almost a year and a half now. I speak Tagalog too. If i wait til July to have 2yrs, will I qualify? tnx

• Reply HaRsh January 27, 2014 at 7:13 AM

Yes You should be qualified as a commissioned officer through Healthcare professional route, once you apply after July. You still have to take OPI and all other prerequisites.

• Reply pinayrn January 27, 2014 at 8:45 AM

thank you. ت
        I called the number this website suggested but unfortunately the one who answered told me they are not looking for NURSES, only DOCTORS AND DENTIST. I thought nurses too coz i found it under the healthcare professional, in their website

• Fayery March 5, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Congrats on your NCLEX! I am stillin the nursing Program. I am Also a filipino, with an H4. I asked the recruiter here in Maryland. They said nursing is a limited position, consider some other options when you want to apply.

99. Reply tigura reddy January 5, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I am currently in the final year of Post Graduate Periodontics Program. I am on F1 visa. Do I qualify to apply under MAVNI program ?

• Reply Arunkumar Somasundaram January 10, 2014 at 12:30 PM

If you speak any of the qualified languages, then Yes you are.

100. Reply tigura reddy January 5, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I am currently

101. Reply Reddy December 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I am on H4 Visa. I qualify all the above requirements except that i have no SSN as i am on H4. I have SSN denial letter. Do i still qualify?

• Reply Arunkumar Somasundaram January 10, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Yes you do qualify. The recruiters can help you get SSN to apply.

102. Reply Alexandra December 9, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Is it true that the MAVNI Program is closed until September 2014?

• Reply Arunkumar Somasundaram January 10, 2014 at 12:24 PM

No,its open until Sep 2014.

103. Reply Hetal M Rawal December 3, 2013 at 12:05 PM

How do they calculate 2years stay in USA ( 90 days period) count in order to join MAVANI..?? I have been here in 2007 and went back home on 16 nov 2011 and came back on 20 May 2012…. Can some one help me count no more than 90 day period count in my case ..? I am so willing to join MAVANI..if some one can help me counting 90 days time frame I will Really appreciate it….

• Reply Arunkumar Somasundaram January 10, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Pls talk to a recruiter, and give your visa details. The first step of this is USCIS verification, they fill a form called G-845 and send it to USCIS to get approval. If its approved, then you are a go. So you might be able to apply. Good luck.

• Reply HaRsh December 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Dear Hetal,

You have to be in USA for straight 2 years with no longer than 90 days of foreign stay. So, Unfortunately Army will not approve your case. However, you will be eligible to apply 19 May 2014 onwards. (as long as you don’t make another foreign trip more than 90 days!)

Army Combat Veteran (through MAVNI)

• Reply Hetal M Rawal December 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Thank you so much for the guidance….

One quick question..I am not planning for any further foreign trip but,..let me tell you this.

My departure was Nov 16,2011 and I arrived on May 20, 2012 so …talking about 90 days stay in straight 2 year can be accomplished if I will apply on March 15, 2014…? right …?

So, if I apply on March 15,2014 I will be eligible to apply for MAVANI right ?

Please advise. I will appreciate your prompt reply.

• Uche January 7, 2014 at 6:49 PM

That’s totally correct Hetal.

• Reply Curtez December 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Thanks for covering down!

104. Reply Hetal M Rawal December 3, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I head June 2014 is deadline ??

• Reply Arunkumar Somasundaram January 10, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Depends on your langauge. If your langauge quota is filled, deadline wont matter. SO hurry up.

105. Reply Hetal M Rawal December 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM

106. Reply Rodnel Eldor November 26, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Hi there, can someone tells me how many slots left for haitian Creole please? I am scheduled for OPI next week. I am eager to sign the contract and knowing that I am in. Thxx

• Reply Jay Patel November 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM

No need to worry about Haitian Language since its not a capped language. Mostly its always open. :) Good luck

107. Reply DURU TRENCE November 23, 2013 at 4:55 PM

so can someone introduce a new language into the mavni program apart from the languages above? and who also has the above qualifications.

108. Reply peiyi xiao November 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I am qualified with all the requirement. Who should I contact with? I am in ATL Georgia right now, is there anyone I can talk to around here?

109. Reply Svitlana Ved November 6, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Hello, can I be qualified for MAVNI language program if I am a Permanent Resident since June 19 2013? Thank you.

• Reply HaRsh December 4, 2013 at 12:08 PM

If you are a permanent resident and holds undergraduate degree, you might be eligible to become an officer normal (Non-MAVNI) entry to Army. Nonetheless, you can enlist as Mavni recruit but I don’t see any benefits with that.

• Reply Nirav Patel December 12, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Hey Harsh, I m doctor from india. I am ECFMG certified. I am US citizen, no trip since last 4 yr. M I eligible as any health professional ?

• Arunkumar Somasundaram January 10, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Nirav, you are US citizen, so you are most definitely eligible, but not under MAVNI program. THis is for aliens under Visa. But you sure can join and pls talk to a recruiter.

• Anil January 23, 2014 at 7:30 AM

I heard MAVNI program for Nepalese language is closed for now so, is there anyone who know when it gonna be reopen? I have already passed medical, ASVAB test and waiting for interview(OPI) only.

• Reply Jay Patel November 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM

If u want to join US ARMY, you don’t need to apply through MAVNI program. You can just walk in at local ARMY Recruiting Station & get started from there if you have Green card already. :)

• Reply Curtez November 6, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Svitlana, in order to qualify you must have had legal status for the at least 2 years, and hold one of the statuses listed under the #1 above.

• Reply peiyi xiao November 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM

• Reply Galen November 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM

is there any visa waiver …if so who should i contact

• Curtez November 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Visa waiver, not fully understanding what your asking for.

• odai alnawafleh November 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM

is there a deadline for this program. is it temporary program ?

• Eric Rana November 24, 2013 at 4:26 AM

jan 15, 2014

• Orange February 1, 2014 at 5:40 PM

what you mean for this date? this program closed at this date?how about applied before this date and on the waiting list?

• odai alnawafleh November 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM

thats bad, after that no way to join for the same qualifications unless you got green card. !?

Comment? Question? What's on your mind?