Everything You Need To Know For the 2014 – 2015 MAVNI Language Program

2014-MAVNI-Program

Since the Revolutionary War, immigrants and foreign nationals have served within the ranks of the United States Military. In the past, immigrants required a green card (lawful permanent resident status), today qualified applicants are being granted an exception to the rule…

The MAVNI Program

The Military Accesions Vital to the National Interest (MAVNI) program authorizes each branch of the Military, to recruit certain legal aliens, whose skills are considered to be VITAL to national interest. Those holding critical skills – linguistics, physicians, and nurses, who are in the U.S. on a temporary visa, are allowed to enlist or commission into the Military Service of their choice. For FY 2014, the program is open to all Recruiting Centers and there will be a limited amount of vacancies. The rumor mill tells me that the program will be capped at 1400, with each language being capped at 90…

143 Comments
  1. Reply Artem February 26, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Is someone could tell me how to apply?

2. Reply Yuriy February 25, 2015 at 2:43 PM

I want to work in MAVNI! I’m from Ukraine.Speak Ukrainian, russian, english,Italian language. E-mail: pravitell2009@mail.ru

3. Reply Natalya Kotova February 25, 2015 at 1:00 PM

I’d like to join the program. I am Ukrainian, I have great written skills and speak Ukrainian fluently. I am also fluent in Russian (written and spoken language). I have a green card.
    I am 26 and I currently live in the USA. please contact me at my e-mail nkotova0306@yahoo.com
    Natalya

4. Reply Uliana Karpeniuk February 25, 2015 at 9:03 AM

Hi, I’d like to join this programme. I’m fluent in English, Ukrainian. I live in Ukraine, and have American visa. I have a pedagogical education.

5. Reply Alexander February 24, 2015 at 8:28 PM

Hello! I would like to apply for this program. I’m USA Citizen and is fluent in English, Ukrainian and Russian.

6. Reply Andrii February 24, 2015 at 3:14 PM

Andrii. From ukraine with green card. Living in USa.
    28 years old.
    Want to join to this program.
    My email : jrvigurik@gmail.com

7. Reply Yurii February 24, 2015 at 8:13 AM

hello
    My name is George, I live in Ukraine. I speak Ukrainian, Russian and English. I have a dream to become a soldier, to protect our country, this is not an easy time of war against Russia. I would like to know the next time you open the program, please.
    contact me at this email if you want to know more about me: y.andruck@gmail.com thanks

• Reply Sasha February 24, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Hello! I live in United states for 4 years. I’m from Ukraine and speak ukrainian,russian and English. Know Ukrainian culture . My email is kw0989@yahoo.com

8. Reply Regina February 23, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Am I eligible to join the army with a workers visa. I’ve been in the United states for about 13 years and as a child it has been my dream to join. Please contact me and let me know.
    Email- reginawoo97@live.com
    Phone – 727-520-4305

9. Reply maryam lawal December 16, 2014 at 5:32 PM

My name is maryam.Please when will the mavni program reopen for 2015 and is there a waiting period. I’m a student with a f1 visa. I’m hoping I can join this program for January 2015. Thanks

10. Reply rajay December 13, 2014 at 3:53 PM

when this program opened

11. Reply fabrice gedeon njanjo falafala December 7, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Hello
    my name is fabrice and also from cameroon . I am in USA for two years . I am anot a asily and also speak french and english. I have a dream is to become a soldier to defend this country even if i need to died. I would like to know the next opening of this program please .
    contact me in this email if you want to know more about me : sergeprincenana@yahoo.com my phone number is 240 432 1438 thank you

12. Reply Jerryson O. Mani November 22, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Hi sir I got U visa and aim currently working as a lifeguard For four years and been staying here in u.s for almost 5 years..i can speak well in english and tagalog…is there any possibility that I can join in mavni program…pls inform me..this is my email: jerryson_ mani@yahoo.com… Thank you so much…

13. Reply AP October 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Hi
    I applied for the MAVNI program in the last round and my recruiter told me it opened again in October and sent me to another recruiting center to apply, but the new place is telling me they don’t have the orders to start accepting applications again. When will the MAVNI program start applications again for the cycle that is to last till May 2015. Since I applied already, do I have to start over? I was waiting for my G845 in the last cycle.

14. Reply Tade October 28, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Hello Aderonke, yes you can still join. Most important thing is if you are still in status. But whatever the case do not be afraid to approach any recruiter, they will be able and glad to tell you your eligibility. Good luck

15. Reply Ade October 27, 2014 at 12:50 PM

@Aderonke. If you have been out of student status, you may not be allowed to enlist. However if you obtain other valid status (i.e work permit EAD card or H1B) this can allow you to then enlist through the mavni program.

16. Reply pablicio October 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM

hey sir I really like this program “mavni” could u please contact me at pablicio1@live.com

17. Reply aderonke September 27, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I came in on F1 visa. I was in school for two years before I left school because of financial reasons. I speak one of the languages listed above. Can I still be eligible to enter the MAVNI program?

18. Reply jeffson September 25, 2014 at 2:59 PM

when does the mavni program re opens because its closed for the year as of September 30th

19. Reply glenn igloria September 23, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I’m 39 y. o. where can I get an age waiver, I’m so much interested in serving this country.

20. Reply Benson September 10, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Is there any available slot for tagalog language or cebuano?

21. Reply Nina September 7, 2014 at 6:50 AM

Can i apply for the MAVNI program? I am a registered nurse here in the Philippines and have 4 years experience in a tertiary hospital. I passed the NCLEX Examination and currently holding my visa screen. I have a B1/B2 visa. thank you very much and hope to hear from anyone that might help my application.

22. Reply Nina September 7, 2014 at 6:46 AM

I just want to know if I can apply for the

23. Reply Nina September 7, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Hi

24. Reply enrique September 3, 2014 at 4:42 AM

I liked to joined the mavni military. I am from the Philippines work here in US as a caregiver for almost 6 years.
    I have ssn and unconditional green card residents.
    let me know please if I am capable to joined. thank you..

25. Reply JAMESPAUL B.ADAME September 3, 2014 at 2:46 AM

I AM A REGISTERED NURSE HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES…IS THERE A CHANCE FOR ME TO JOIN MAVNI PROGRAM?

• Reply alvarito January 30, 2015 at 7:08 AM

alvarito que sabes sobre este programa MVNI hay oportunidad en el 2015

26. Reply Yakup September 1, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Hi my name is Yakup and I will love to join mavni program..I speak Kurdish,Turkish fluently what do I have to do? Please email me back hopesalesg@gmail.com

27. Reply AP August 26, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Hi
    I submitted my paper work to get my G845 (i think that was the name for the immigration document) in late May, and I have been calling the recruiting officer every week since but there is no update on my G845, is this usual? And will the program close this october? If it does, and I do not hear back from USCIS, does that mean I would not be able to join? Please email me back @ appsatl2014@gmail.com

28. Reply lee August 19, 2014 at 10:10 PM

I submit some paperworks and documents to my recruiter on june and currently still waiting for him to ring me up to take the asvab. However, its been a while since june, I haven’t hear from him. So I’m wondering does the mavni program closed already or does it in process to reopen again, does any one knows?? Please contact me: cerritosclasses@hotmail.com
    Thank you!!

29. Reply Curtez August 15, 2014 at 6:35 AM

email sent.

30. Reply Sergeant Grewal August 14, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Please contact me @ gurmeet.s.grewal.mil@mail.mil
    Thanks

31. Reply DK August 7, 2014 at 4:10 AM

Hello I am new for Mavni Program,
    I would like to know that how’s active duty and army reserve seat work for Mavni Hindi language?
    It’s up to Candidate for select Active duty or Army Reserve? or Candidate doesn’t have selection what opening canditate have to take it?

32. Reply Nora July 10, 2014 at 3:44 AM

Have been in the us for 7 months now and I want to join the Mavni is it possible for been in us for 2years be wave

33. Reply bahoi July 7, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Hi,
    My friend who is in Army through MAVNI told me that MAVNI is open again? for Korean language? is it true? anyone knows?

Thanks a lot

34. Reply Anonymous July 7, 2014 at 2:29 AM

Will the closed languages re-open ?

35. Reply Plum June 26, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Every body has received their security clearance but me. How long will it take to receive it?

36. Reply Moses June 19, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Tomir I just came back from the recruiter. I also speak 3 languages and I am also on F-1 visa. No waivers for 2 yrs. I’m on my 1 yr and 9 months and they told me to come back once I filled the 2 yrs. Also they need your legal stay to be available for 6 months more from your 2 yr requirement because it takes 180 days from your enlistment to shipping date. This is to leave space for background checks and stuff.

37. Reply Tomir June 17, 2014 at 6:03 AM

i have F1 visa and I speak 3 mavni languages.. problem is Im not in usa for 2 years..is there any waivers for that?

38. Reply Rob (Nick name) May 8, 2014 at 5:08 PM

“Nepalese” language is listed as closed as of second February. Does that mean, I am no more allowed to enroll in Mavni taking Nepalese language test ?

• Reply rubi May 28, 2014 at 11:37 AM

i’m curious about the same thing. if you’ll get the answer, let me know :)

39. Reply Fortune April 27, 2014 at 5:27 AM

Is there a Mavni reserve ?

40. Reply John April 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Once you start an application for MAVNI program, how long is the application valid till?

41. Reply Abdul April 21, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I applied for my social security card through MAVNI , Now its being over a month but I still haven’t received my number yet!!! I called the social security office and they said It takes awhile because they have to contact home land security first before they issue a card.

42. Reply BEDU April 8, 2014 at 5:21 AM

How long it takes to receive SSN after applying through MAVNI?

1 2

Comment? Question? What's on your mind?