Military Enlistment

Everything You Need To Know For the 2014 – 2015 MAVNI Language Program

on

Prev1 of 2Next
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

2014-MAVNI-Program

Since the Revolutionary War, immigrants and foreign nationals have served within the ranks of the United States Military. In the past, immigrants required a green card (lawful permanent resident status), today qualified applicants are being granted an exception to the rule…

The MAVNI Program

The Military Accesions Vital to the National Interest (MAVNI) program authorizes each branch of the Military, to recruit certain legal aliens, whose skills are considered to be VITAL to national interest. Those holding critical skills – linguistics, physicians, and nurses, who are in the U.S. on a temporary visa, are allowed to enlist or commission into the Military Service of their choice. For FY 2014, the program is open to all Recruiting Centers and there will be a limited amount of vacancies. The rumor mill tells me that the program will be capped at 1400, with each language being capped at 90…

Prev1 of 2Next
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Recommended for you

110 Comments

1. Nora

July 10, 2014 at 3:44 AM

Have been in the us for 7 months now and I want to join the Mavni is it possible for been in us for 2years be wave

2. bahoi

July 7, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Hi,
    My friend who is in Army through MAVNI told me that MAVNI is open again? for Korean language? is it true? anyone knows?

Thanks a lot

3. Anonymous

July 7, 2014 at 2:29 AM

Will the closed languages re-open ?

4. Plum

June 26, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Every body has received their security clearance but me. How long will it take to receive it?

5. Moses

June 19, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Tomir I just came back from the recruiter. I also speak 3 languages and I am also on F-1 visa. No waivers for 2 yrs. I’m on my 1 yr and 9 months and they told me to come back once I filled the 2 yrs. Also they need your legal stay to be available for 6 months more from your 2 yr requirement because it takes 180 days from your enlistment to shipping date. This is to leave space for background checks and stuff.

6. Tomir

June 17, 2014 at 6:03 AM

i have F1 visa and I speak 3 mavni languages.. problem is Im not in usa for 2 years..is there any waivers for that?

7. Rob (Nick name)

May 8, 2014 at 5:08 PM

“Nepalese” language is listed as closed as of second February. Does that mean, I am no more allowed to enroll in Mavni taking Nepalese language test ?

• rubi

May 28, 2014 at 11:37 AM

i’m curious about the same thing. if you’ll get the answer, let me know :)

8. Fortune

April 27, 2014 at 5:27 AM

Is there a Mavni reserve ?

9. John

April 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Once you start an application for MAVNI program, how long is the application valid till?

10. Abdul

April 21, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I applied for my social security card through MAVNI , Now its being over a month but I still haven’t received my number yet!!! I called the social security office and they said It takes awhile because they have to contact home land security first before they issue a card.

11. BEDU

April 8, 2014 at 5:21 AM

How long it takes to receive SSN after applying through MAVNI?

Comment? Question? What's on your mind?